Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBMC May Soon Run On Top Of Wayland

Phoronix: XBMC May Soon Run On Top Of Wayland

The XBMC media player may soon be supported to run directly atop the Linux KMS interfaces as well as the Wayland Display Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Beyond the Wayland support, he's also wanting to get Wayland running directly on a Linux KMS frame-buffer.
    u mean to get XBMC, right?

Comment

That sentence seems backward anyway. XBMC was not really designed to run on a window system; directly on KMS seems like it would be the preferred route.

Comment

Cory Fields here.

Yes, that should be 'XBMC under KMS' of course. Also, note that this was just a passing discussion, so it's nothing on the roadmap. Though I would like to get it in soon simply because it shouldn't be that much work to display. Input may not be as straightforward for framebuffer/Wayland though. Input under framebuffer (we typically use X/SDL stuff on the Linux side) should be easy enough, mainly re-arranging the buildsystem to avoid those. For Wayland, I'll have to educate myself more first.

Comment

notepad.exe May Soon Run On Top Of Wayland!!!!

Comment

It's quite probable that Wine will eventually run on top of Wayland, so all Windows applications will run on top of Wayland, not just notepad.exe

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              notepad.exe May Soon Run On Top Of Wayland!!!!
              Woah! They're porting Wine to Wayland? where did you hear THAT?

Comment

Working...
              X