Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xonotic 0.6 Offers Impressive Game Improvements

Phoronix: Xonotic 0.6 Offers Impressive Game Improvements

The open-source Xonotic gaming community has released version 0.6.0 of their DarkPlaces-powered Nexuiz-forked game. Xonotic 0.6.0 offers up some mighty improvements as Xonotic nears version 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The new Xonotic game mode is called Sandbox, which allows for "[using] your imagination to create funny scenes with the playermodels, add your own ones, and share them with your friends, even online! This can also be very useful for development, or easily trying new things without hacking the code or opening up a map to edit it. Though Sandbox is currently still a bit limited, expect new features coming to it later!"
    Does this mean that while developing a map I can let people play on it while simultaneously editing that very same map on which they are playing?
    That would be the most awesome feature being added in a computergame ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (year: 2012)
    Last edited by plonoma; 10 March 2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
      Does this mean that while developing a map I can let people play on it while simultaneously editing that very same map on which they are playing?
      That would be the most awesome feature being added in a computergame ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (year: 2012)
      Nope, but that can be done in the Cube2 engine (Sauerbraten, RedEclipse etc.) since years.

Xonotic's Sandbox is more like a limited version of Garry's Mod AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post
        Nope, but that can be done in the Cube2 engine (Sauerbraten, RedEclipse etc.) since years.

Xonotic's Sandbox is more like a limited version of Garry's Mod AFAIK.
        He was probably being sarcastic.

Xonotic is nice and all, but (and I really hate to say it) if it cannot convert 100% of nexuiz players and attract a lot of new ones it's going to be the biggest waste of time since.. well.. mono.

Comment

Well, for a actual dev group who has gotten together, there exists no such thing as "waisting time".

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post

Xonotic is nice and all, but (and I really hate to say it) if it cannot convert 100% of nexuiz players and attract a lot of new ones it's going to be the biggest waste of time since.. well.. mono.
            Have you seen the Nexuiz reviews? They haven't been terribly kind- the Destructoid one was really not impressed at all with what they've done.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post

Where Nexuiz is Mono

Comment

Working...
              X