Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Demotes Its Migration Assistant

Phoronix: Ubuntu Demotes Its Migration Assistant

Ubuntu developers have decided to remove the migration-assistant package from the stock Ubuntu installer. This software package was supposed to make it easy for transferring files and settings to Ubuntu Linux from Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also the fact that there's nothing to "migrate" from microshit to linux. The whole process involves just copying the home directory and saying "f-it".

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      Also the fact that there's nothing to "migrate" from microshit to linux. The whole process involves just copying the home directory and saying "f-it".
      ?

What about my viruses, malware and overcrowded registry? If it doesn't migrate that over, what good is it?

Comment

I guess it wasn't so necessary since Ubuntu sees the Windows partition and is able to access it anyway.

I'm not happy with the amount of bugs still present in nux, unity, compiz and etecetera however. There's been many releases and the issues I see as a user still manage to appear

Comment

Working...
        X