Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ivy Bridge - Mesa 8.0 vs. 8.1-devel

Phoronix: Intel Ivy Bridge - Mesa 8.0 vs. 8.1-devel

In making way for some interesting Linux benchmarks coming up, here's some of the results from last month that haven't yet been published. This is a brief look at Mesa 8.0 vs. 8.1-devel Git for Intel Ivy Bridge hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Non-news

Stop posting non-news.

Comment

IVB/SNB have got different problems. OpenGL speed is not really important for many users, it is fast enough for simple things but will be too slow for serious gaming anyway (at least on Linux). With latest xbmc fernetmenta i have got some problems with dropped frames when i use live tv 720p with vaapi. I did not test pure xbmc because it does not support the pvr function. If i disable vaapi i get less dropped frames. The next thing is that you need to disable kde 4 effects in order to get a vsynced opengl output. xv (with xine or vlc) has always tearing, so you have to force opengl output. Most likely you would use xbmc fullscreen anyway and could use the kde setting to switch off composite in that mode, but i prefer watching in a window. The best way to watch tv via vdr on intel seems to be using xine and forcing opengl and 2D_Tex (the default 2D_Tex_Fragprog does not show the vdr menu).

Comment

Working...
      X