Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Rekonq Browser Nears 1.0 w/ New Features

Phoronix: KDE's Rekonq Browser Nears 1.0 w/ New Features

A "tech preview" of KDE's Rekonq version 1.0 web-browser has been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

even if browsers like reqong and epiphany cured cancer they are utterly useless because of the chance that some websites won't load properly. unless there are some radical cross-browser standardization these 300+ browsers will be unsung heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
      even if browsers like reqong and epiphany cured cancer they are utterly useless because of the chance that some websites won't load properly. unless there are some radical cross-browser standardization these 300+ browsers will be unsung heroes.
      That's why they all use the Webkit engine for both layout and javascript, making the chances of compatibility very high.

Besides, there aren't any browsers out there that can load 100% of websites. Personally I use 1 main browser but occasionally use a couple others at times, so I certainly wouldn't consider that to make a browser useless anyway. (none of those 3 include reqonq or epiphany)

Comment

i knew i would get that reply. chrome and safari use webkit and you get random errors on both.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
          i knew i would get that reply. chrome and safari use webkit and you get random errors on both.
          That's my point. You also get random errors on Firefox, and there are even sites that don't work in IE.

So what was your point again?

Comment

Yey, another browser no one needs. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Yey, another browser no one needs.
              For those folks looking for a Wekit browser that integrates nicely with KDE, rekonq fills that niche.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                For those folks looking for a Wekit browser that integrates nicely with KDE, rekonq fills that niche.
                For folks looking for any dedicated web browser that integrates nicely with KDE, rekonq fills that niche.

Comment

I would prefer it if all those browsers died and all this work was put into porting firefox to qt (or efl or gtk3 for the matter). But anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                    I would prefer it if all those browsers died and all this work was put into porting firefox to qt (or efl or gtk3 for the matter). But anyways.
                    It's been tried several times at least, but it never got very far. But even if it was ported to Qt, it still wouldn't be integrated with KDE, that is a completely separate issue and a completely separate set of changes.

Comment

Working...
                    X