Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tryst: The Forthcoming Unigine RTS Will Be On Linux

Phoronix: Tryst: The Forthcoming Unigine RTS Will Be On Linux

Last August I wrote about another Unigine-based game being developed, which at the time didn't have an announced title and details were scarce. In recent weeks, more information on this Unigine title -- which will have a native Linux client -- has been released and it's called Tryst...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks good

Star Craft Nostalgia anyone?

Comment

Looks nice! Will when there's a linux client.

Comment

unlikely

no release date specified......Iwon't be losing sleep over a linux version.I don't think linux version will be released unless windows version becomes quite popular,which is quite unlikely due to the lack of publicity.even the forums seem to be almost dead.

Comment

This looks very nice!

Comment

I still don't get it... Why Unigine doesn't release Unigine SDK with similar license to UDK, Unity3D or Cry Engine. It would be huge boost in linux gaming world which would translate to cash flow for Unigine :/ On the Windows/OSX market they can't compete.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
              I still don't get it... Why Unigine doesn't release Unigine SDK with similar license to UDK, Unity3D or Cry Engine. It would be huge boost in linux gaming world which would translate to cash flow for Unigine :/ On the Windows/OSX market they can't compete.
              exactly.

now am happy to see this type of game.

Now for a good native diablo clone !!

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                If you've read the interview with them a couple of weeks ago, they clearly said that they want QUALITY games (such as Tryst and their own Oil Rush) to take advantage of their engine, not some half-assed game with horrible graphics (sorry, but that's the way it is). Only a few games, such as Xonotic, are open source AND have quality graphics. Imagine you're a company trying to sell your awesome engine (Unigine) and all you have to showcase are some amateur games that look like they were made back in 1990. No reasonable developer would want to use your engine. This is why I agree with Unigine and hopefully with time, when they've made a nice profit, we'll get some corporate backing to release the source code (like iD does).

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
                  If you've read the interview with them a couple of weeks ago, they clearly said that they want QUALITY games (such as Tryst and their own Oil Rush) to take advantage of their engine, not some half-assed game with horrible graphics (sorry, but that's the way it is). Only a few games, such as Xonotic, are open source AND have quality graphics. Imagine you're a company trying to sell your awesome engine (Unigine) and all you have to showcase are some amateur games that look like they were made back in 1990. No reasonable developer would want to use your engine. This is why I agree with Unigine and hopefully with time, when they've made a nice profit, we'll get some corporate backing to release the source code (like iD does).
                  Well that's pretty dumb because is not being chosen for having such a small community, assets, people who know how to use it, etc..

just check why wasteland 2 (and a whole bunch of kickstarters) chose unity (or other engines) over it.

this "elite" attitude will just be its demise.

and not to mention unity will probably rule the world soon.

Unity Reaches One Million Registered Developers:
                  Last edited by madjr; 05 July 2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

this "elite" attitude will just be its demise.
                    you might want to check out their products page. They already got some nice things there. The VirtualReality thing is really cool and if you read about what the devs of that thing wrote about Unigine/their VR you just have to drool. It's awesome. Unigine is already a success.

Comment

Working...
                    X