Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.5.3 Bulks On Changes For GNOME 3.6

Phoronix: GNOME 3.5.3 Bulks On Changes For GNOME 3.6

The latest GNOME 3.5 development release is now available with a lot of changes as the developers prepare to issue the final GNOME 3.6 desktop release in late September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I enjoy trying the gnome 3.x live usb spins but the fact wireless (for my hardware) doesn't work out the box is a real barrier to testing these images.

Comment

Most of that is nonsense social networking brain rot bullshit.
      The only one of those that is even remotely interesting, is the "nautilus" changes..... however, there is no indication if they're fixing something (unlikely), or making it worse (most probable).

Comment

So.. just cosmetic BS and no usability improvements. I miss those days when KDE had some real competition

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          The only one of those that is even remotely interesting, is the "nautilus" changes..... however, there is no indication if they're fixing something (unlikely), or making it worse (most probable).

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
            So.. just cosmetic BS and no usability improvements. I miss those days when KDE had some real competition
            KDE is still being used? Fascinating.
            BTW, don't watch the Star Wars prequel. It suckz.

Comment

well gnome is dead been dead since they dropped old layout. Just anoether toy DE for developers to have fun, couse is nice inventing new stuff like reinventing the wheel when is no need. Kde didnt change their desktop paradigm they just rewrote everything, i still have the same bottom panel still can have old classic look in the menu, and after years of gnome 2 usage Kde.4.8 has come to have same CPU and mem usage as old gnome 2. But well linux is choise so their is a place for everyone to coexist even for the crapy Gnome3 .

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                KDE is still being used? Fascinating.
                BTW, don't watch the Star Wars prequel. It suckz.
                It seems so! http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...he-year-919888

Comment

Holly cow! this is getting very very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                    What social network rubbish are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                    X