Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.5.9 Supports RandR 1.2/1.3, Better HLSL

Phoronix: Wine 1.5.9 Supports RandR 1.2/1.3, Better HLSL

There's another Tuesday release of a new Wine development version. This second development release for July brings RandR 1.2/1.3 support plus parser improvements to the HLSL shader compiler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Uuh, wonder if this fixes some small visual bugs i have in CIV4.

Comment

I hope for you it does, but consider it can be an issue of the gpu driver too (especiall if fglrx )

Comment

Still no PulseAudio support?

That said, I generally solved my problems with PA by now, by giving VLC the boot! KMPlayer can handle media just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
          I hope for you it does, but consider it can be an issue of the gpu driver too (especiall if fglrx )
          Or WINE use again an NvidiaGL render Path.

Comment

I wonder what exactly the RandR support means. Anyone who could give an example?

Comment

Originally posted by martinjlowm View Post
              I wonder what exactly the RandR support means. Anyone who could give an example?
              I did a little digging and it seems like it means better support for multiple monitors, and performance improvements by taking advantage of functions offered in xrandr 1.2 and 1.3 that weren't in the previously used 1.1. Specifically they mention fewer EDID polls.

Comment

Working...
              X