Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Updates VA-API Video Acceleration Code

Phoronix: Intel Updates VA-API Video Acceleration Code

Intel's Video Acceleration API (VA-API) has seen updates to its core library as well as to the Intel-specific VA-API Intel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about G45?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      What about G45?
      Silly consumer, they're waiting for you to forget about it and buy new hw of course

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        What about G45?
        Funny, I was just about to ask the same question.
        My E7400 G45 system is in need of some driver love.

Comment

JPEG decoding?

Is that really necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            Is that really necessary?
            Maybe for mobile SoC?

Comment

If it includes MJPEG, then yes, it's pretty good. While MJPEG is not a good format for final videos, it works well as an intermediate format as its encoders can write good quality videos at a really good speed and relatively fair compression (as opposed to things like Huff). And being able to watch what you recorded before transcoding is always a good thing to have.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Silly consumer, they're waiting for you to forget about it and buy new hw of course

Pardon my ignorance but are Sandy bridge IGPs /APUs reached by this VA-API update?
                If not, means the next Intel open-source driver will concern only Ivy units - Or is the code shared with Sandy?

Comment

Working...
                X