Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Atheros Publishes New Network Driver

Phoronix: Qualcomm Atheros Publishes New Network Driver

While Atheros network adapters were once notorious under Linux, their wired and wireless network adapters in recent years have been backed by permissively-licensed open-source drivers from the company. This work continues with Qualcomm Atheros announcing this week the release of a new ALX network driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well one Kanotix user needed that driver 4 weeks ago. I extracted it from

and made a dkms deb:

I dont get why it should be "new"?

Comment

Fast Ethernet, wtf?
      1995 called and want their technology back!

Why they even bother with a old shitty Fast Ethernet circuit when they have one that is Gigabit Ethernet?

They should be looking at 10 Gigabit Ethernet, dual Ethernet, trunking/teaming/redundancy, etc.
      Why would I want an Qualcomm Atheros Ethernet instead of a Intel or Realtek?

Comment

A big thank you to any Atheros folk reading this. When I buy laptops (not often), I make sure they have Atheros wireless chipsets.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          A big thank you to any Atheros folk reading this. When I buy laptops (not often), I make sure they have Atheros wireless chipsets.
          When I buy new hardware, I will make sure that it does not contain slow legacy technologies such as the AR8162 Fast Ethernet circuit.

Comment

Working...
          X