Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 12.9 For Linux Brings Few Good Changes

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 12.9 For Linux Brings Few Good Changes

The AMD Catalyst 12.9 graphics driver for Linux was released on Thursday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

xvba is totally broken. It segfaults like hell with the code that worked really nice on other all releases since 11.10 - currently investigating...

Comment

It's not the first time they posted the embedded driver before the full/official one. I'll wait for the "real" 12.9. Is the new 2D architecture the default yet?

Comment

Does it work with SNA activated in the intel DDX driver yet?

Comment

Fix performance downgrade with 3DMarkVantage
          What?? There weren't more important things to fix?

Comment

Still not compatible for X.Org Server 1.13 Quantal.

"...
            fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: noXFree86DRIExtension
            ..."
            Last edited by fritzls; 14 September 2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              What?? There weren't more important things to fix?
              Probably came across from work on another OS. Remember this is a code-shared driver.
              Test signature

Comment

Unfortunately this driver do not detect my Asus Radeon 5870 V2 when running aticonfig --initial . "aticonfig: No supported adapters detected" . I hope that when they release the drivers on their official download page this issue will be corrected. My system is running Ubuntu 12.04 and I installed the driver from .deb file.
                Last edited by trinitrotoluene; 14 September 2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trinitrotoluene View Post
                  Unfortunately this driver do not detect my Asus Radeon 5870 V2 when running aticonfig --initial . "aticonfig: No supported adapters detected" . I hope that when they release the drivers on their official download page this issue will be corrected. My system is running Ubuntu 12.04 and I installed the driver from .deb file.
                  Same here! Somehow both the Radeon HD 6570 and the integrated graphics on de A8-3870 aren't detectable.......

Comment

Originally posted by mard0 View Post
                    Same here! Somehow both the Radeon HD 6570 and the integrated graphics on de A8-3870 aren't detectable.......
                    same goes for my HD7750 OC from MSI...

Comment

Working...
                    X