Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux DDR3 Synthetic Benchmarks

Phoronix: Linux DDR3 Synthetic Benchmarks

We have several DDR3 related articles in the works, but in this article we will be looking just at the DDR3 system memory performance in the RAMspeed synthetic benchmark under Linux. The DDR3 memory we'll be using is the OCZ DDR3-1333 2GB Gold Kit with a part number of OCZ3G13332GK.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the excellent article. I enjoy buying and building computer hardware, but try to pace myself by skipping generations. It's a rather loose benchmark, but my current desktop is an AMD 4400 X2 with DDR PC3200 and an NVidia 7800GTX. Now that the P35 chipset and DDR3 memeory is out, I have "allowed" my interest to perk up again and to begin investigating the possibility of leapfrogging DDR2 and get a quad core, DDR3 based platform. I'm in no hurry since the longer I wait, the better the prices will be but I'm looking forward to reading the Asus motherboard review.

Also, I did notice one very minor error, on the first page describing the memory speeds, should the line
    Code:
    DDR3-1333 (233 x 8 = 2.66GHz; 1333MHz)
    instead be
    Code:
    DDR3-1333 ([U][B]333[/B][/U] x 8 = 2.66GHz; 1333MHz)
    ?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by immudium View Post
      Also, I did notice one very minor error, on the first page describing the memory speeds, should the line
      Code:
      DDR3-1333 (233 x 8 = 2.66GHz; 1333MHz)
      instead be
      Code:
      DDR3-1333 ([U][B]333[/B][/U] x 8 = 2.66GHz; 1333MHz)
      ?
      Yes, thanks, corrected!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X