Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Drivers Updated For The Linux 3.10 Kernel

Phoronix: Audio Drivers Updated For The Linux 3.10 Kernel

The sound subsystem for the Linux kernel with the numerous hardware audio drivers have been updated for Linux 3.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You're mentioning ALC268 codec support here, but my laptop with ALC268 has already worked right all the way down to 2.6.35 and maybe even further back (never used any older kernel on it).

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
      You're mentioning ALC268 codec support here, but my laptop with ALC268 has already worked right all the way down to 2.6.35 and maybe even further back (never used any older kernel on it).
      I'm patiently waiting for proper CA0132 support...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
        Its probably referring to the new generic audio driver. All codecs have to be ported over to the new driver so I'm GUESSING its saying "We ported ALC268 from the hardware specific driver to the new generic one"
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
        X