Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Set Of OpenGL Benchmarks Come To OpenBenchmarking

Phoronix: A New Set Of OpenGL Benchmarks Come To OpenBenchmarking

FurMark, TessMark, and other advanced OpenGL 2.1/3.2/4.0 benchmarks are now available via the Phoronix Test Suite and OpenBenchmarking.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

32 bit?

Did I oversee something or is there no 32 bit version of those benchmarks?

Comment

Great feature!! But I have more serious trouble with PTS... I don't understand how can I find list of uploaded results based on my criteria efficiently.

For example,.. how to find all results for driver "radeon" with profile "Unigine Sanctuary" sorted newest first ? :/

So for me, PTS is remarkably flexible testing solution, but its remarkably hard to compare them to existing, because finding similar is hard ...

Comment

FYI, FurMark, Pixmark Piano, and Pixmark Volplosion all run on i965 with Mesa master if you do:
        export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2
        export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150

So they ought to work properly with the next major release of Mesa.

gimark and tessmark still don't work. I presume this is because they rely on geometry or tesselation shaders, but I haven't looked into the details.
        Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
        Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Nice this is actually pretty exciting! Furmark is my go-to program for testing GPU overclocks and it has always annoyed me that I had to install Windows for 1 test.

Michael:
          You should create a live CD for your PTS, based on some rolling release distro like gentoo or arch (so it's less to maintain). For many people like myself, installing the entire suite isn't really necessary and could actually be kinda a pain if we wanted to test it on multiple platforms. Maybe it could come with a few extra diagnostics like stress tests, sensor monitors, SMART tools, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Nice this is actually pretty exciting! Furmark is my go-to program for testing GPU overclocks and it has always annoyed me that I had to install Windows for 1 test.

Michael:
            You should create a live CD for your PTS, based on some rolling release distro like gentoo or arch (so it's less to maintain). For many people like myself, installing the entire suite isn't really necessary and could actually be kinda a pain if we wanted to test it on multiple platforms. Maybe it could come with a few extra diagnostics like stress tests, sensor monitors, SMART tools, etc.
            Bad idea. The CD or USB port would become the bottleneck, and if you copied the entire distro to RAM then it would affect any RAM-sensative benchmarks
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
              FYI, FurMark, Pixmark Piano, and Pixmark Volplosion all run on i965 with Mesa master if you do:
              export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2
              export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150
              unfortunately same can not be said about r600 driver just yet. Setting those options for radeon driver made my cinnamon unbootable with Mesa master

Comment

Doesn't seems to work for me:
                phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1305113-PTS-GPUTESTI20

ERROR: You must enter at least one test, suite, or result identifier to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  Bad idea. The CD or USB port would become the bottleneck, and if you copied the entire distro to RAM then it would affect any RAM-sensative benchmarks
                  I don't see how the CD or USB port would be a bottleneck unless the benchmark needs to reference the disk every once in a while in the middle of it's tests, in which case that particular benchmark could be cached before being run. It's a better idea than loading the entire image.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    Michael:
                    I've already done such: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...S+Desktop+Live

I do have a much more compelling version to be publicly released before EOY assuming I find some more server mirrors. Since the last public PTS Desktop Live release I've done some custom engineering projects on it with more features but lack of bandwidth / mirrors has kept me from releasing them.

There's also similar projects using PTS in this way like Gears On Gallium: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTM1ODA
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X