Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's RadeonHD Driver Reaches v0.0.2

Phoronix: AMD's RadeonHD Driver Reaches v0.0.2

Last week the RadeonHD development was rather slow with only 30 commits to their xf86-video-radeonhd git tree all week. However, the Novell developers have been making some good progress this week.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder why there isn't an official website with a wiki, forum, roadmap details, short information, downloadable documents (specs), releaseinformation, tarballs etc.
    how should developers get information about this project?
    the nouveau project has a great website with a feature matrix and so. that would be something great for the radeonhd-driver (and is necessary, i think)!

Comment

it's way too early for that. besides there is just a handful of people working on radeonhd (two, three?) for the time being.

also remember - only preliminary documentation has been released from ati/amd. don't expect anything fancy anytime soon.

the only way developers can get information on any project is looking at the code and trying to do something useful with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Regenwald View Post
        I wonder why there isn't an official website with a wiki, forum, roadmap details, short information, downloadable documents (specs), releaseinformation, tarballs etc.
        how should developers get information about this project?
        the nouveau project has a great website with a feature matrix and so. that would be something great for the radeonhd-driver (and is necessary, i think)!
        You know, personally I do prefer to have real progress of the driver instead of having a very detailed website with don't know how much info.

All the specs are available since airlied did upload them right away after getting them. Just go to his blog entry and download the file right away.

Concerning dates of driver releases: In general there is one updated ATI driver per month. Knowing this is as good as knowing that the "release date" is the last day of each month as it "can always be earlier"...

And what do you need a tarball for when you can directly fetch from git?

Comment

Originally posted by ivanovic View Post
          Concerning dates of driver releases: In general there is one updated ATI driver per month. Knowing this is as good as knowing that the "release date" is the last day of each month as it "can always be earlier"...
          That is only for fglrx, not RadeonHD.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            That is only for fglrx, not RadeonHD.
            Sure, for all the open drivers there is no *must* for a release since everything needed can be fetched from the git. The releases are more like "yeah, those should even compile and work...".

Comment

Working...
            X