Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland, Weston 1.2 Development Statistics

Phoronix: Wayland, Weston 1.2 Development Statistics

With the recent release of Wayland/Weston 1.2, here's a look at some current development statistics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Wayland's development sped up with Mir's announcement" - Uninformed Individuals

Comment

wayland by itself is nothing. it's basically DRI on steroids. all rendering is directly from applications to the compositor. the hard work is porting the toolkits and WMs, not writing "wayland code". is mutter even wayland ready yet? i know gtk is basically done

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
        wayland by itself is nothing. it's basically DRI on steroids. all rendering is directly from applications to the compositor. the hard work is porting the toolkits and WMs, not writing "wayland code". is mutter even wayland ready yet? i know gtk is basically done
        I'm fully aware of that. Want Phoronix to check for every project that had plans on supporting Wayland? I'm not taking the time of doing so.

Comment

not really. but I often get the impression that people think that wayland needs a lot of work. not really. mesa, toolkits, cairo, WMs need lot of work. even the whole GDM/login issue thing is not resolved yet. wayland by itself is basically done.

Comment

So, when is KDE ready for Wayland Good times to come!

Comment

How many lines of code does X have in total?

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda View Post
                So, when is KDE ready for Wayland Good times to come!
                Next summer, they said.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                  How many lines of code does X have in total?
                  Roughly 1 million for the server, according to Ohloh. http://www.ohloh.net/p/xorg-server
                  There are two repository entries though, so migth be that its actually ~500K
                  2.5M for the whole project, though this also includes things that Wayland can/will make use of, like Mesa. http://www.ohloh.net/p/x

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
                    "Wayland's development sped up with Mir's announcement" - Uninformed Individuals
                    Watch them start saying that Mir is so good it making Wayland developers give up.

Comment

Working...
                    X