Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MythTV 0.27 Goes Into Alpha, Has New Features

Phoronix: MythTV 0.27 Goes Into Alpha, Has New Features

It's been a while since hearing anything out of the once very promising MythTV project. This week though they have issued their MythTV 0.27 release as the code-base goes into a soft-freeze for doing an official release in the months ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

IDK why they are continuing to do frontend work on this project -- now that XBMC can connect to the backend there is no point trying to compete for frontend users.

Comment

Originally posted by micah View Post
      IDK why they are continuing to do frontend work on this project -- now that XBMC can connect to the backend there is no point trying to compete for frontend users.
      *shrug* My wife and I still use a dedicated MythTV machine in the living room. I've started to investigate XBMC as a replacement front-end, but seems like MythTV works well enough for us that we haven't felt too motivated to switch.... Given that we don't stream much TV, and we only deal in recorded over-the-air and locally-stored videos, MythTV handles all that we need.

Now I just wish they'd fix their daylight savings time adjustments so that the back-end wouldn't be off by an hour for ~2 weeks of every year (or until I remember to wipe the programs table and re-fetch listings).

Comment

I wonder whatever happened with Torc (the MythTV fork). Their website seems to be defunct but their github page shows commit activity. Googling doesn't show up much of anything. Has it just fallen into a personal project of the dev?

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
          Now I just wish they'd fix their daylight savings time adjustments so that the back-end wouldn't be off by an hour for ~2 weeks of every year (or until I remember to wipe the programs table and re-fetch listings).
          That issue got fixed in MythTV 0.26, that was the whole point of converting all internal time handling code to use UTC instead of localtime. If you're still experiencing this on 0.26-fixes, please point me to the MythTV bug ticket describing the issue. I've just searched through all of the tickets and I'm only able to identify one ticket related to a daylight savings issue, but that's only for the Python bindings.

Comment

Working...
          X