Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWin Getting Closer To KDE Frameworks 5 Support

Phoronix: KWin Getting Closer To KDE Frameworks 5 Support

Martin Gr??lin took a break from his KWin Wayland enablement work to instead temporarily focus on getting the KDE window manager up and running with Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

opening trello account, this look like fun

Comment

On related news. There is a recent post from Sebastian Kugler about the future graphics stack in Kubuntu:

Nothing new: XOrg for now, Wayland at some point in 2014. But it was reassuring to see this, because I think I'll upgrade my Kubuntu 11.04 Haswell desktop to 11.10 to avoid running so much software from PPA's as I am (which breaks things a bit every once in a while, despite running incredibly fast). I would not upgrade if Kubuntu was thinking of a risky move at this point. I am also glad they are sticking to the Wayland side (they would consider MIR if things improved significantly on that side, not based on today's information).

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X