Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC Cauldron 2013 Recap

Phoronix: GCC Cauldron 2013 Recap

Videos from the recent GCC Cauldron 2013 that was hosted at the Googleplex earlier this month are now available online. Discussed during this developer event is not only the GCC compiler but also GDB, Address Sanitizer, and other compiler-related technologies...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Where's the GNU Lib C BOF's video?
    Also,the minutes mentioned old bug reports were "abandoned"?! WTF?!?!?! I had half a dozen bug reports and patches sent over the years and only seen 1 of them get in. Are you telling me the reason I couldn't find them was because they were lost?!

And Damn! the glibc really needs some love... About a decade or two worth too. At least throw us some threading like you did for C++; libthread's CSP if possible. It's parallel and kernel agnostic meaning it's the most portable one under the sun. And yeah I'm talking about standardization. Don't sell me that committee process bull. If you guys have it and the BSD guys already have access to Plan9's libthread (they do.), then the committee will sign it off. Hell, close the circle and put some runes in there for good measure.

Rant off.

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
      Where's the GNU Lib C BOF's video?
      Also,the minutes mentioned old bug reports were "abandoned"?! WTF?!?!?! I had half a dozen bug reports and patches sent over the years and only seen 1 of them get in. Are you telling me the reason I couldn't find them was because they were lost?!

And Damn! the glibc really needs some love... About a decade or two worth too. At least throw us some threading like you did for C++; libthread's CSP if possible. It's parallel and kernel agnostic meaning it's the most portable one under the sun. And yeah I'm talking about standardization. Don't sell me that committee process bull. If you guys have it and the BSD guys already have access to Plan9's libthread (they do.), then the committee will sign it off. Hell, close the circle and put some runes in there for good measure.

Rant off.
      I love your rants closing statement. That's great

Comment

Working...
      X