Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta Driver For Linux Released

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta Driver For Linux Released

The AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta driver was released today and with it comes full support for OpenGL 4.3, support for the Linux 3.10 kernel, and various fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Legacy driver...

I wonder if AMD will be releasing any more updates for the Legacy driver [1].. It does seem like by 14.04 the Radeon driver might be good enough.. but until then I'm stuck on 12.04..

(It also makes benchmarking between them harder!)

[1] http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...eon_linux.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by gQuigs View Post
      I wonder if AMD will be releasing any more updates for the Legacy driver [1].. It does seem like by 14.04 the Radeon driver might be good enough.. but until then I'm stuck on 12.04..

no point the Opensource Drivers support HD2000 and up and are going to be really well Supported soon

Comment

I think you're safe to assume there won't be any new legacy drivers for R600 and R700 ASICs.

Comment

;(

Well, unfortunately I can not use these drivers: P ... AMD something of 13.4 is a non-stop "mishaps":

MSi X370 AMD APU E-350 + my kernel [Brazos version]:

Code:
          ext73@ext73-kernel:~$ uname -a
          Linux ext73-kernel 3.10.4-ext73-f1-25.2-brazos-ags-cfs #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 29 10:56:16 CEST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Code:
          ext73@ext73-kernel:~$ amdcccle
          Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
          Setting of real/effective user Id to 0/0 failed
          libGL error: open uki failed (Operation not permitted)
          libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
          Naruszenie ochrony pamięci
          Code:
          ext73@ext73-kernel:~$ fglrxinfo 
          Setting of real/effective user Id to 0/0 failed
          libGL error: open uki failed (Operation not permitted)
          libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
          display: :0  screen: 0
          OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
          OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
          OpenGL version string: 2.1 (4.3.12438 Compatibility Profile Context 13.20.5)

Comment

no point the Opensource Drivers support HD2000 and up and are going to be really well Supported soon
            What do you mean by that?

Comment

Any ideas what this is?

"Dynamic primary surface resizing"
              It's listed as one of the release highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by deri View Post
                What do you mean by that?
                a lot of Patch sets have when into the kernel Drivers Etc for AMD's Opensource Drivers look around Phoronix and you will see them

Comment

Without the Tomasz Makarewicz ppa, even Ubuntu 12.04 does not support Legacy drivers. I think opensource DPM should be enabled by default ASAP!

Notebook users with AMD legacy GPUs have problem right now with AMD's proprietary driver support actually abandoned (This model does not work for Linux at all).

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
                    Without the Tomasz Makarewicz ppa, even Ubuntu 12.04 does not support Legacy drivers. I think opensource DPM should be enabled by default ASAP!

Notebook users with AMD legacy GPUs have problem right now with AMD's proprietary driver support actually abandoned (This model does not work for Linux at all).
                    Even with DPM enabled that problems are still not solved for the legacy GPU in my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                    X