Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 2 Fork MATE Desktop Aims For Wayland

Phoronix: GNOME 2 Fork MATE Desktop Aims For Wayland

The MATE Desktop, one of the popular forks of the GNOME 2 desktop environment, is seeking to support the Wayland Display Server as well as systemd -- two popular Linux technologies that have only been a focus for GNOME3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

hmm GTK3 support Wayland support systemd support GStreamer 1+ support Account Services support Window Snapping in the Window manager? pugins for the file manager and it's going to use Gnome 3+ Packages App's Etc? can this get any better? i been using Mate for around 1 year off and on and i can say 1.6 was well developed and one of the Best Desktops i used so far also it did not depend on Compiz so thats a huge + for AMD users

Comment

Was the video processed with open source tools? Because both audio and video have a lot of glitches.

Comment

Hmm, why don't they just port GTK+2 to support Wayland? That'd be awesome since there's still many GTK2 programs that would gain native Wayland support in the process...

Comment

Originally posted by xnor View Post
          Was the video processed with open source tools? Because both audio and video have a lot of glitches.
          i dont get what you're saying by this as Most professional use OpenSource it may have been cheap Software or Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by xnor View Post
            Was the video processed with proprietary tools? Because both audio and video have a lot of glitches.
            Fixed that for you.

Comment

I'd rather see people work on Xfce (though I'm not saying they "should" since it's their time/talent).
              :\

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                i can say 1.6
                Ah, so your keyboard does have a period key. Maybe you should use it more often (between sentences might be a good start).

Comment

MATE currently doesn't interest me at all, because it has no compositing, and therefore tons of tearing on intel. this sounds like good news and renews my interest in the project. I may try it in the future when it gets wayland support.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                    MATE currently doesn't interest me at all, because it has no compositing, and therefore tons of tearing on intel. this sounds like good news and renews my interest in the project. I may try it in the future when it gets wayland support.

That's something that can benefit from a gtk3 + wayland port:
                    wayland is supposed to be build from the ground up with flicker-free tear-less experience.

MATE on GTK3+ should be without tear as long as the hardware supports it.

Comment

Working...
                    X