Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme

Phoronix: ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme

For those in the market for an Intel Z87 Haswell motherboard, the ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme is a great candidate and sells for less than $250 while packing a plethora of features and is mostly compatible with Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In many reviews the ASRock Z77 Extreme and Pro series had been the winners regarding price/performance. I guess the same could happen with ASRock Z87 motherboards.

Comment

Too expensive. "High-end" motherboards are becoming less and less relevant, and most people would be very happy with a $100 MB.

Comment

Hardware Reviews

Thank you for reviewing that Haswell motherboard. I would like to see more hardware reviews at Phoronix.com. Especially Linux friendly hardware.
        I also think that $100 motherboards are most interesting. As well as $100 CPUs, and $100 graphics cards.

Comment

Anyone know any mITX boards where the sensors and audio work? Of course, not at the expense of other things working. Also, which OEM tend to provide BIOS updates longer?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 16050 View Post
            Thank you for reviewing that Haswell motherboard. I would like to see more hardware reviews at Phoronix.com. Especially Linux friendly hardware.
            I also think that $100 motherboards are most interesting. As well as $100 CPUs, and $100 graphics cards.
            Most manufacturers are only willing to send out their high-end products, unfortunately.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm very happy with a:

Asus Z87 PRO

for my new Haswell pc. Asus even seems to support Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                Too expensive. "High-end" motherboards are becoming less and less relevant, and most people would be very happy with a $100 MB.
                Yeah, unless you are going for very high overclocks just save the heatsinks from your old gear and either fit them or cut them to fit the hotspots like the MOSFETs and chokes that the high end mobos use and either use something like the Arctic Silver epoxy or thermal grease and a drop of super glue in the corners if you want a less permanent bond.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                  Yeah, unless you are going for very high overclocks just save the heatsinks from your old gear and either fit them or cut them to fit the hotspots like the MOSFETs and chokes that the high end mobos use and either use something like the Arctic Silver epoxy or thermal grease and a drop of super glue in the corners if you want a less permanent bond.
                  These heatsinks you find on high-end mobos are also irrelevant, you can do decent overclocks (4.4-4.5 GHz depending on your CPU) on a $100 mobo just fine. On top of that, most users don't overclock for various reasons (lower performance per watt, less stability).

Comment

Supermicro C7Z87-OCE (Intel Z87) Motherboard ?

Comment

Working...
                    X