Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRI3000 X Compositing At DebConf

Phoronix: DRI3000 X Compositing At DebConf

For those curious about learning more information on Keith Packard's work for DRI3 (DRI3000), he presented at the 2013 DebConf and the video recording is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's unfortunate that Keith Packard is not interested in Wayland, he would surely be a great asset there. Perhaps he's paid to work on improving X.

Comment

Those guys should use vp8/webm instead, ogv sucks compared to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jukkan View Post
        It's unfortunate that Keith Packard is not interested in Wayland, he would surely be a great asset there. Perhaps he's paid to work on improving X.
        he is interested in Wayland very much. If anything he is one of its main proponents. But given his credentials he will be more effective on polishing up xwayland.

Comment

Very informative presentation, Looks like this will hugely improve things in X! Linux has been too far behind in compositing efficiency for too long.

Comment

I'll be happy to dance on X's grave when Wayland ships with a modern distro. I am even prepared to only use Wayland apps, no xwayland. that's hardcore!

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
              I'll be happy to dance on X's grave when Wayland ships ..
              Not so fast, remember your five digit number, go to the end the row and wait for your turn, lots of people have vouched for the X11 grave dancing for a few years already.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                Not so fast, remember your five digit number, go to the end the row and wait for your turn, lots of people have vouched for the X11 grave dancing for a few years already.
                Spoken like real no-clue phoronix trolls.

Comment

ironically, the biggest proponents of wayland and strongest critics of X and tada... X developers! Just shows the moral fallacy of milking old technologies instead of sticking a fork in them when the time comes. Same way Apple is just milking poor HSF until HDDs grow so large that reliability of the data is at a complete state of abortion. Whereas NTFS is still ok-ish, but MS already has ReFS waiting in the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
                    Spoken like real no-clue phoronix trolls.
                    Speaking of "no clue", the dude with the "not sure" nick who doesn't know me is supposed to not be trolling? And what's wrong with what I said? Are you the rare asshole who thinks X11 should stay for a long time because it's good or what?

Comment

Working...
                    X