Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i7 4900MQ Haswell Running LLVM Clang 3.4

Phoronix: Intel Core i7 4900MQ Haswell Running LLVM Clang 3.4

The latest benchmark results to share from the System76 Gazelle Pro, a Linux laptop with an Intel Core i7 4900MQ "Haswell" processor, are some current benchmarks of the LLVM Clang 3.4 SVN compiler development code. Is there much churn over the latest LLVM/Clang 3.3 stable on this latest-generation Intel CPU?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

??

How the hell is 2900 to 4900 Scimarkv2 Improvement not "major Intel Haswell gain"??? It's freaking amazing when I see that sort of jump. Not to mention that ~18-20% speed boost with FLAC encoding...
    That slight decrease in the threading perf is my hopes of OpenMP support going in in the background which compromises single threaded perf to unlock 4-8 physical cores worth of perf thereafter.

I'm running on an i7-4700HQ so these results are very applicable to my current laptop now.
    Last edited by HeavensRevenge; 19 August 2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X