Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btrfs-Progs 1.0 Might Come Soon With New Features

Phoronix: Btrfs-Progs 1.0 Might Come Soon With New Features

Btrfs-progs serves as the user-space utilities to the Btrfs file-system. It's been a long time since seeing a btrfs-progs release, but we might finally be seeing a new update soon and it could be called version 1.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It took such a long time I stopped wondering about a year ago.

At the time I was willing to put my root partition on btrfs but nowadays I just install on ext4 and don't bother checking if btrfs is supported.
    Last edited by mark45; 22 August 2013, 01:54 AM.

Comment

This is probably the most thoroughly tested version. More attention was given to fixing old problems then adding new features. That's not to say there are a few new ones.

Comment

Hah, v0.20 has become a bit of an in-joke over this time. Everyone writing bug reports or asking for support on their IRC channel always claimed that they were running 0.20, which in actuality doesn't mean anything at all, because all the git revisions are tagged as such. And it has changed a whole lot since the initial 0.20. I've run into quite a few false-positives with the old ones, which are all fixed in the latest code.

Comment

Working...
        X