Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces The Radeon R9 290X

Phoronix: AMD Announces The Radeon R9 290X

AMD announced today the Radeon R9 290X graphics card as their new ultra high-end product...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You can watch it live *now*

once they fixed the stream...

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
      You can watch it live *now*

once they fixed the stream...
      Event has now started. It is supposed to be two hours long and will include at least Battlefield 4, maybe other games.

Comment

Right now AMD is showing the nextgen Radeon GPUs live at their event.

Word is going around that they will announce drastically improved AMD Linux drivers later during the event. That would be within the next hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Right now AMD is showing the nextgen Radeon GPUs live at their event.

Word is going around that they will announce drastically improved AMD Linux drivers later during the event. That would be within the next hour or so.
          BTW, I wonder if that "TrueAudio" stuff is a dedicated hardware block or "just" a software feature running on the shaders?
          Last edited by entropy; 25 September 2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
            BTW, I wonder if that "TrueAudio" stuff is a dedicated hardware block or "just" a software feature running on the shaders?
            I have no idea. I'll wait for tech guys to test this stuff before I get interested in Audio.

More looking forward to the imminent Linux announcement at the event. Hopefully it'll be something nice, because that's what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              I have no idea. I'll wait for tech guys to test this stuff before I get interested in Audio.

More looking forward to the imminent Linux announcement at the event. Hopefully it'll be something nice, because that's what I hear.
              I hope they announce the mantle renderer for the FOSS radeon drivers today! Imagine how bad ass that'd be just write a mantle backend and get linux support PLUS great performance on every platform. Could be a huge upset for nvidia.

Comment

Watched that stream from about 23:10 CET to the end, no mentioning of Linux or Linux gaming at all, instead great emphasize on DirectX 11.
                I would call that fail, AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                  Watched that stream from about 23:10 CET to the end, no mentioning of Linux or Linux gaming at all, instead great emphasize on DirectX 11.
                  I would call that fail, AMD.
                  Just curious, why did you think there was going to be a Linux announcement ?
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
                    I hope they announce the mantle renderer for the FOSS radeon drivers today! Imagine how bad ass that'd be just write a mantle backend and get linux support PLUS great performance on every platform. Could be a huge upset for nvidia.
                    So since it is a very thin layer on top the hardware, it should be comparably easy to implement?
                    Or is it the other way around?

Comment

Working...
                    X