Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 10.0 Alpha 4 Plays With LLDB, Xen PVHVM

Phoronix: FreeBSD 10.0 Alpha 4 Plays With LLDB, Xen PVHVM

While we're still awaiting the release of FreeBSD 9.2, FreeBSD 10.0 is now up to its fourth alpha release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

lldb

What does it mean to connect LLDB to the build?

I don't understand.

Could this be done for Linux too?

Comment

Originally posted by tron_ston
      lldb is horrible, it should be replaced with gdb
      And I am sure you have the knowledge that is needed to come to such a conclusion. So maybe instead of putting a blank statement here tell us your reasons to come to that conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by tron_ston
        lldb is horrible, it should be replaced with gdb
        Keep talking out your back side. It's rather vast and vacuous.

Comment

LIBC++ for Linux now turned on

On a plus side,

LLVM/Clang/Clang-Tools-Extra/LLDB/Compiler-RT/Libc++ under the /projects directory finally builds Clang with Libc++ by default.

Now that both libc++abi and libc++ are feature complete [sans full Generic Lambda support] I expect Intel's OpenMP expansion and the many SoC projects to start folding into trunk very soon.

Nice to finally get Libc++ building properly.

Debian:

CC=clang (clang-3.3) CXX=clang++ (clang++-3.3) cmake ../llvm with all available subprojects

/llvm
          /llvm/projects
          /llvm/projects/compiler-rt
          /llvm/projects/libcxx
          /llvm/projects/test-suite
          /llvm/tools
          /llvm/tools/clang
          /llvm/tools/clang/tools/extra
          /llvm/tools/lldb

All builds cleanly with Cmake.

The Documentation project is getting a lot of clean up, as well. Tutorials and more to make learning the projects are also a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            What does it mean to connect LLDB to the build?

I don't understand.

Could this be done for Linux too?
            Technically, it just means "it will be compiled by default when building the base system". Linux is a bit different, in that there isn't really a base system ... it's vaguely like if debian decided to include it in build-essentials.

Comment

Originally posted by dnebdal View Post
              Technically, it just means "it will be compiled by default when building the base system". Linux is a bit different, in that there isn't really a base system ... it's vaguely like if debian decided to include it in build-essentials.
              Looking at it: Not even that, it means "it's in the base system source and there is infrastructure to build and install it". It defaults to not being built, for now.

Also, the epoll support isn't in this alpha, it apparently has some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by dnebdal View Post
                Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification!
                Now I understand!

I thought it did establish a connection (over some socket or bus) for debugging the kernel, or something, or integrated the debugger with the kernel somehow.

Comment

I'd like to five lldb a try; over the time, I've found gdb not to have the stability I'd expect from a debugger. Not only have I had seg. faults in the middle of a debug, but I've also seen strange behaviour, specially debugging multithreaded programs. This is not to say that gdb hasn't been very useful to me, of course.

Comment

Working...
                  X