Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Audio Will Hopefully Be Great In Linux 3.13

Phoronix: Radeon Audio Will Hopefully Be Great In Linux 3.13

While there's still quite a number of weeks to go until seeing the Linux 3.13 kernel enter the development spotlight, the open-source Radeon HDMI audio support will hopefully be in great shape for those that have wanted features like HD audio pass-through for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

news like that have been floating around for a long time and I never had the courage to ask something that has been on my head for a long time, the main reason was not to be off-topic.
    I've started reading documentation for r600 for example and it seems that there are staff that I can contribute(it would take my mind away from verilog and that's a great opportunity to have different things to work on) and also there are people here from amd that can help me so I would like to ask if they can show me some pointers on how to start, from point zero the development on linux kernel and eventually on graphics drivers.
    I know that there is a tone of info out there and I've been digging in those sites for quite a while but, hey, I would like to see if there is a better path to take

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
      news like that have been floating around for a long time and I never had the courage to ask something that has been on my head for a long time, the main reason was not to be off-topic.
      I've started reading documentation for r600 for example and it seems that there are staff that I can contribute(it would take my mind away from verilog and that's a great opportunity to have different things to work on) and also there are people here from amd that can help me so I would like to ask if they can show me some pointers on how to start, from point zero the development on linux kernel and eventually on graphics drivers.
      I know that there is a tone of info out there and I've been digging in those sites for quite a while but, hey, I would like to see if there is a better path to take
      Ask in the mailing list for any introductory projects you can take. There is/was a TODO page where you can look for stuff that need to be worked on.

Comment

Working...
      X