Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.15 Development Progresses

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.15 Development Progresses

Keith Packard of Intel has released another X.Org Server 1.15 development version and is preparing more of his DRI3 infrastructure changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nobody cares about another useless X.org release unless it comes with XWayland and DRI3.

Comment

Sad to see it delayed.

Sad to see it not support DRI3 or XWayland.

This release is very meh... boring... unexciting... meh...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Sad to see it delayed.

Ummm... The only reason it was delayed was because it WAS so boring o.O The merge window was extended so that they could hopefully merge the GLX rewrite, DRI3, XWayland and something else related to GLX but I'm blanking on what... HOPEFULLY it will still all get in
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          Ummm... The only reason it was delayed was because it WAS so boring o.O The merge window was extended so that they could hopefully merge the GLX rewrite, DRI3, XWayland and something else related to GLX but I'm blanking on what... HOPEFULLY it will still all get in
          but they wouldn't. you don't run a graphics stack project like amateur radio operators. these people need serious resources which they don't have. if I was them, I would merge Mesa with the X team. So much of the back and forth and duplication of effort has been in gluing the former with the later.

Comment

1.15 should be delayed further until there's something worth releasing. In the meantime, just do 1.14.x bugfix/point releases

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              Nobody cares about another useless X.org release unless it comes with XWayland and DRI3.
              It didn't release for that very reason. HENCE THE DELAY
              Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Sad to see it delayed.

Which is why it was delayed!
              Originally posted by garegin View Post
              but they wouldn't. you don't run a graphics stack project like amateur radio operators. these people need serious resources which they don't have. if I was them, I would merge Mesa with the X team. So much of the back and forth and duplication of effort has been in gluing the former with the later.
              While that may be true, if you were them, you wouldn't be in this forum either. But wait, what does this have to do with amateur radio operators? They're trying to make things work and they want to make sure they can include their latest work in the next version. HENCE THE DELAY.

I think the stupidity is making me nauseous.

Comment

Working...
              X