Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Ships 4.12 Applications, Platform Beta

Phoronix: KDE Ships 4.12 Applications, Platform Beta

The updated applications and platform code for the KDE desktop environment is now in its 4.12 Beta state. However, as we already knew, KDE Plasma Workspaces is still in its 4.11 form until the premiere of Workspaces 2 and KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure if it made it in, but one of the possible new features was a query parser for Nepomuk. So you could type in the search box "Documents containing thesis last access last week" and similar queries
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I love stability. I think Kubuntu 14.04 LTS is going to be a great release with 4.12 for 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        I'm not sure if it made it in, but one of the possible new features was a query parser for Nepomuk. So you could type in the search box "Documents containing thesis last access last week" and similar queries
        One of the purported problems of nepomuk was a bug that would slow Dolphin the heck down to a crawl. If that's been fixed then I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Honton?

I just went here to see if Honton shows up to troll about KDE again? Where is he? Honton plz!

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            I just went here to see if Honton shows up to troll about KDE again? Where is he? Honton plz!
            I wonder if it's one of the "bug fixing means no new features" or "new features mean no bug fixing" days. He alternates the argument, depending on whether the story mentions KDE fixing bugs or adding new features.

Comment

Working...
            X