Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 14.04 LTS To Land Mesa 10.0 Next Week

Phoronix: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS To Land Mesa 10.0 Next Week

Mesa 10.0 with its many exciting features and improved performance should be available from the Ubuntu 14.04 archive next week. A call-for-testing using a special PPA is available right now...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really hope we will also see UVD enabled for Radeon in 14.04.

Comment

My GPU has problems with audio now with the latest kernels and I really hope AMD will release a Legacy Catalyst for Ubuntu 14.04.

If not I can't use Linux with this hardware anymore!
      Last edited by verde; 04 December 2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
        If not I can't use Linux with this hardware anymore!
        Why not use 12.04 LTS or Mint 13 with backports ?

Comment

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
          Why not use 12.04 LTS or Mint 13 with backports ?
          He could use ppa's to get all the up to date software he needs. Nothing wrong with using a LTS, that's what its made for. Ubuntu has made it really easy to have both security and up to date software on the same system.

Comment

Looks good

http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SO-NEWATI97008

Comment

Did I miss understand these results, or does older games take a plumet in performance while newer ones get very nice improvements according to your results?

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                Did I miss understand these results, or does older games take a plumet in performance while newer ones get very nice improvements according to your results?
                I had them compared to the propiatary driver from 12.04. For mesa 10 vs mesa 9.2, mesa 10 is better in all games I compared.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                  I really hope we will also see UVD enabled for Radeon in 14.04.
                  UVD itself isn't the problem - with the correct firmware installed it works out of the box on recent kernels.
                  It's more important to provide the VDPAU libraries on Ubuntu. Last time I checked, they wanted to wait for Debian to handle this first.

See
                  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mesa/+bug/1002224 and
                  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656719
                  for details.

Comment

Working...
                  X