Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client-Side Decoration Theming With GNOME

Phoronix: Client-Side Decoration Theming With GNOME

GNOME 3.10 brought support for client-side decorations and with CSD comes a new set of changes to the GTK+ themes. Here's some information from Matthias Clasen should you be a GNOME user and impacted by the changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't like client-side decorations, these updates applications in GNOME feel weird and confusing and awkward and unpredictable.
    They all feel different.
    I think it decreases the usability.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I don't like client-side decorations, these updates applications in GNOME feel weird and confusing and awkward and unpredictable.
      They all feel different.
      I think it decreases the usability.
      I love them when they're used correctly. For example, Chrome/Firefox on windows drawing the tabs in the titlebar to save space. At the moment, there is no "standard" way for them to do that on Linux (Chrome before Aura uses a hack-job). A good multi-DE way of drawing CSD would fix that.

The Gnome 3.10 CSD is just absolutely ugly though. I don't get why they would go for something so ugly when the rest of the DE is designed to be slim and great looking :/

Comment

Working...
      X