Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5 Tech Preview Released

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5 Tech Preview Released

After last month having a KDE Plasma 2 Technology Preview, today is marked by an official tech preview release of KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Kdelib code merged to Qt will be monolithic and no longer be copyleft. That is a shame.
    reading is not your best skill?

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      Kdelib code merged to Qt will be monolithic and no longer be copyleft. That is a shame.
      Once again, a pile of bullshit completely opposite of reality. Repeated ad nauseam, hoping somebody will eventually accept it as truth.

KDE is becoming much more modular than ever, and has always been copyleft. This is a perfect way to make KDE technology accessible to more people, while making it more maintainable and clean.

Comment

Just for the record, here is the license for KArchive, one of the new Frameworks components:

Straight GPL and straight LGPL. No CLA, or CA, or anything else. Just like all of KDE, since the dawn of time.

In other words, more blatant lying by our resident anti-freedom troll.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
          Once again, a pile of bullshit completely opposite of reality. Repeated ad nauseam, hoping somebody will eventually accept it as truth.

KDE is becoming much more modular than ever, and has always been copyleft. This is a perfect way to make KDE technology accessible to more people, while making it more maintainable and clean.
          It's sad that people(Horton as example) feel the need to spout crap about projects that they don't even care about. Why bring others down? That action certaintly doesn't bring your favorites up in anyway... Especially considering its not even remotely close to reality crap. A simple web browser type to kde.org could clear up his confusion, but now he has to spent the time writing it here. Why are people like this? Why do they refuse to actually fact check what they say, even though they have been corrected over and over again? Just becuase you want to believe something, doesn't make it true. Just like a climate change or evolution denier..... What a waste of a mind.

PS: I will refuse to humour you if you bother to respond to this, I don't feed trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
            It's sad that people(Horton as example) feel the need to spout crap about projects that they don't even care about. Why bring others down? That action certaintly doesn't bring your favorites up in anyway... Especially considering its not even remotely close to reality crap. A simple web browser type to kde.org could clear up his confusion, but now he has to spent the time writing it here. Why are people like this? Why do they refuse to actually fact check what they say, even though they have been corrected over and over again? Just becuase you want to believe something, doesn't make it true. Just like a climate change or evolution denier..... What a waste of a mind.
            There is a simple reason for that: Honton lacks the skills to contribute anything to any project, so in his twisted mind he reasons that spreading FUD about other projects is the same as contributing to his favorite projects. Doing that he can believe for himself that he is actually doing something, instead of being completely useless.
            I seriously doubt that any Gnome/GTK developer is appreciating what he is doing, and I doubt that any KDE/Qt developer even cares about that troll. IIRC, at least some of them tried to refute his crap, but had to to realize that you simply can't fix stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
              There is a simple reason for that: Honton lacks the skills to contribute anything to any project, so in his twisted mind he reasons that spreading FUD about other projects is the same as contributing to his favorite projects. Doing that he can believe for himself that he is actually doing something, instead of being completely useless.
              I seriously doubt that any Gnome/GTK developer is appreciating what he is doing, and I doubt that any KDE/Qt developer even cares about that troll. IIRC, at least some of them tried to refute his crap, but had to to realize that you simply can't fix stupid.
              I completely agree with your analysis. I wrote about it myself in a blog post: Fanboys in Free Software. Honton might think that he is doing a good thing for GNOME, but he is harming GNOME more with it, than he harms KDE. It reflects bad on GNOME. Especially his famous thread "GNOME kills KDE" is certainly not what GNOME developers think or wish for. We all know that we need each other.

Comment

So, how about instead of talking about the obvious troll, we talk about the article at hand?

It's interesting that the full tech preview is out now. As I understand, it's just the packages; are there any plans for anyone to make a LiveCD of it?

It's also nice that it's all modularised and doesn't require heavy dependencies. That bodes well for LXDE-Qt.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  It's sad that people(Horton as example) feel the need to spout crap about projects that they don't even care about.
                  It's sad that Phoronix doesn't filter the kind of bland trolling that Honton, BO$$ and others of their kind do. I mean seriously, Honton has made over six hundred posts, most of it is just copy-paste of the same fallacies, misinformation and other drivel that he wrote even before that as funkSTAR (almost four hundred comments more...). The damage is clearly not limited to the shit they posts themselves (ignore list takes care of that) but the greater damage comes from the flood of comments that comes after. These forums would be immensely better if even the worst offenders would be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    So, how about instead of talking about the obvious troll, we talk about the article at hand?

It's interesting that the full tech preview is out now. As I understand, it's just the packages; are there any plans for anyone to make a LiveCD of it?

It's also nice that it's all modularised and doesn't require heavy dependencies. That bodes well for LXDE-Qt.
                    Yeah, I would be very interested in seeing a Live CD with maybe even Wayland on it, too. AFAIK, KDE should be working under Wayland at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X