Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Ended 2013 With 46k Open Bug Reports

Phoronix: GNOME Ended 2013 With 46k Open Bug Reports

While Linus's Law says "given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow", the GNOME project ended out 2013 with more than 46,000 open bugs. Here's some statistics out of the GNOME camp about the bugs and patch flow for 2013...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They brought it on themselves when they discontinued Gnome 2 to release this abomination. And as for "given enough eyeballs", I seriously doubt that anyone in their right mind uses Gnome 3, much less people who could actually fix bugs in it. Much like Unity it's a total train wreck of a DE that has nothing to offer except "shiny" (read: monstrously ugly) UI, zero productivity and near zero configurability.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
      They brought it on themselves when they discontinued Gnome 2 to release this abomination. And as for "given enough eyeballs", I seriously doubt that anyone in their right mind uses Gnome 3, much less people who could actually fix bugs in it. Much like Unity it's a total train wreck of a DE that has nothing to offer except "shiny" (read: monstrously ugly) UI, zero productivity and near zero configurability.
      I much prefer developing on Gnome3 to Gnome2, Windows, and KDE. So you must be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cbamber85 View Post
        I much prefer developing on Gnome3 to Gnome2, Windows, and KDE. So you must be wrong.
        Well, my ignore list is always hungry. And its favorite food is trolls like you.

/yawn

Comment

Well, my ignore list is always hungry. And its favorite food is trolls like you.

/yawn
          Really!? You post your opinion, I post mine - and I'm the troll...?

Comment

You must be masochist among developers.

Comment

Though it is not smart to feed the trolls, i have to say that you are exaggerating much...

While Gnome 3 could use some improvements, it is not a bad idea. I like its concepts, and given some time it will shine. Gnome 2 was old. Gnome 3 can be used for productivity, if one gets used to it. Although i do agree about its configurability...

Comment

heh, and the pot calls the kettle black

Comment

Really!? You post your opinion, I post mine - and I'm the troll...?
                  +1. I also agree with you that Gnome 3 is quite nice to work in after a while of getting used to it. I'm running Gentoo and I think they're still on Gnome 3.10, and even though there are a lot of "paper cuts" that still needs to be adressed, 3.10 has kind of evolved into something usable. Minor things like automatic maximize in horizontal direction, or split screen between windows, needs to be done. But I kind of like Gnome 3 now.

Comment

/yawn
                    trolling? you're a funny guy

Comment

Working...
                    X