Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 32 Has New Tab Indicators, Better Performance

Phoronix: Chrome 32 Has New Tab Indicators, Better Performance

Google has updated their Chrome web-browser with a variety of new features and improvements as part of their v32 stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The big Aura updates will arrive with Chrome 34 on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      The big Aura updates will arrive with Chrome 34 on Linux.
      Will it finally include touchscreen support ?

Comment

Are they sending list of downloads to google servers, or what?

automatic blocking of known malware files
        I wonder if they're sending lists of downloaded files (or their hashes) to google servers to check if file is known bad. Is it another NSA spyware from Google? Or I'm just too suspicious about these NSA footpads aka Google?

Comment

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
          I wonder if they're sending lists of downloaded files (or their hashes) to google servers to check if file is known bad. Is it another NSA spyware from Google? Or I'm just too suspicious about these NSA footpads aka Google?
          I hope that it's the other way around. I.E. get a list of known virus infected files from anti-virus software providers (or their checksums, really), include that with Chrome (or let chrome grab the list occasionally), and then anytime you download something, check that file against the list.

It COULD be the other way around: Every time a file is downloaded, get the checksum and then check with google if the file is ok.

I don't know which way it really is, but I would prefer the 1st option. That being said, I only have chrome installed as a browser to test web development again, and use Firefox as my primary (except on my android phone).

Comment

Working...
          X