Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell Lands App Folders System

Phoronix: GNOME Shell Lands App Folders System

Updates to GNOME Shell and Mutter have been released for this week's GNOME 3.11.4 development build in the road to GNOME 3.12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

App Folders

Is there any description of this new app folders system? whats different from before?

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
      Is there any description of this new app folders system? whats different from before?

Comment

I usually don't say nice things about gnome, but this one actually has the appearance of being halfway decent. The old approach with the .desktop files shoved into various different trees was pretty nightmarish. I just hope that this new approach allows for nested directories of unlimited depth.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          I usually don't say nice things about gnome, but this one actually has the appearance of being halfway decent. The old approach with the .desktop files shoved into various different trees was pretty nightmarish. I just hope that this new approach allows for nested directories of unlimited depth.
          except trashing it up with the rest of icons is the worst possible implementation. truth be told, i did not expect anything better than worst possible from people who drive gnome-shell interface.

thank god for extensions. if extensions weren't there gnome-shell would be insufferable long ago. but, that is what you get when coders who self proclaim them selves as UI experience designers know better than users. whole gnome "we know better" took me to the point where i'll leave fedora for 1st time since it started. not far though, https://kororaproject.org/discover/cinnamon

if i only knew this existed, i'd be gone at 18 or so. this way i get to keep fedora with good parts of gnome and get rid of improve gnome-shell&nautilus lunacy, which is progressing the same as throwing atom bombs in order to save the problem of radiation

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
            except trashing it up with the rest of icons is the worst possible implementation. truth be told, i did not expect anything better than worst possible from people who drive gnome-shell interface.
            Well the mess-approach was what they were threatening to do, what this is, is a return to an organized approach (clearly, they were alienating too many customers with the mess), without implementing the complete insanity of .desktop files.

Comment

Working...
            X