Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPC Challenge Benchmarks For AMD A10-7850K Kaveri

Phoronix: HPC Challenge Benchmarks For AMD A10-7850K Kaveri

For those curious how HPC Challenge, the widely-used HPC benchmark, fairs for the AMD A10-7850K Kaveri APU, here's some HPCC benchmark results...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: HPC Challenge Benchmarks For AMD A10-7850K Kaveri

For those curious how HPC Challenge, the widely-used HPC benchmark, fairs for the AMD A10-7850K Kaveri APU, here's some HPCC benchmark results...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3Mzg
    probably would of been helpful to have a reference model. Anyhow looking up these tests on open benchmark, I am not sure if they use the same metric but kaveri scores ~ 3 in test 1 the i3's/pentiums are above 20 and the i5 ~45. That looks broke. The other tests are as equally skewed? Could really use a reference system for clarification on what's up with this.

Edit: I can't use the OBM site (impossible to navigable intelligibly for me), so maybe I am doing it wrong... who knows.

Edit 2: yeah your results are wrong on openbench sit the kaveri scores >20 in test 1 blah blah you got the wrong values for the test names.
    Last edited by nightmarex; 17 January 2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
      but kaveri scores ~ 3 in test 1 the i3's/pentiums are above 20 and the i5 ~45. That looks broke. The other tests are as equally skewed?
      Yes, this result is incorrect (or correct, but have nothing to do with reality). Compare with the result of E1-1200 APU. They have approximately the same value for the G-HPL. See http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-HPCCHALLE83.
      I have a similar trouble with defaut settings of ACML (64bit, fma; OMP_NUM_THREADS=6) for FX-6300 and LU-decomposition (85-90% CPU-time of whole work):

Comment

Working...
      X