Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian May Be Leaning Towards Systemd Over Upstart

Phoronix: Debian May Be Leaning Towards Systemd Over Upstart

While no official decision has been reached yet, it looks like Debian's technical committee may be leaning in favor of using systemd as the default init system over Upstart or other alternatives...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

systemd is killing upstart!

Comment

If SystemD is chosen I hope it comes to Ubuntu too, even though I prefer
      Upstart over SystemD. But having only one distro support Upstart would
      fragment the community too much.

Comment

Nice, I'm glad to hear that the technical committee are making technical choices. It seems that everyone is for systemd, except for those who were involved with Upstart themselves.

Comment

So how are they going to make the non-linux ports of Debian work? Are they going to add a compatibility layer?

Comment

I'm using Arch which migrated to Systemd back in 2012. I've been relatively happy with how it works although it does take some getting used to.

Comment

who cares?

who cares?

Comment

and its good?

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                systemd is killing upstart!
                i think various solutions is better than only one, it will be like xorg? it really suck, but no other solution so far, no competion , what somepeople calls fragmentation i call competion

Comment

I don't like systemd, but in systemd is more easy to enable and disable units(?), at least in ubuntu to disable the lightdm i have to edit some crappy Cannonical scripts.
                  Last edited by felipe; 17 January 2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Too bad... I had hoped for openrc. If the choice is between systemd and upstart, then systemd is definitely better.

Comment

Working...
                    X