Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's VOGL Debugger To Be Completely Open-Source

Phoronix: Valve's VOGL Debugger To Be Completely Open-Source

Valve's VOGL OpenGL debugger/tracer for Linux will be completely open-source and they will welcome community contributions to this tool aimed at Linux game developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will assume a Zlib licence, just like SDL.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
      I will assume a Zlib licence, just like SDL.
      Quick and dirty... whats the diff between Zlib and let's say BSD license?
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        I think with Zlib, changes to the source code need to be clearly noted. To be able to distinguish them from the original code. I'm however no lawyer.
        Last edited by xeekei; 17 January 2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

love

Comment

The other thread had several people getting very emotional and angsty about the possibility of the VOGL Debugger not being opensource. I 100% garentee that none of the people so up in arms over its license will EVER contribute to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              The other thread had several people getting very emotional and angsty about the possibility of the VOGL Debugger not being opensource. I 100% garentee that none of the people so up in arms over its license will EVER contribute to it.
              That's not sure. Also, we will have to make sure it can be used on all games, not just Steam games... but I don't see why it would only work on Steam games.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                I didn't see anyone up in arms, a few people asked if it was going to be opensource including myself. You totally miss the point of why it would be great if it was open source luckly valve gets it "We're going completely open source - GL is just too large of an API (and changing too quickly) for a small team to keep up." Also I may contribute so how will you compensate me when your guarantee fails?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  I wasn't sure which BSD license you were referring to but I've put in for both 3-clause (BSD) and 2-clause (FreeBSD)

3-clause: http://www.tldrlegal.com/compare?a=Z...+%28Revised%29

2-clause: http://www.tldrlegal.com/compare?a=Z...+%28FreeBSD%29

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
                    Damn, thanks guys. I'll have to remember tldrlegal.com, I've never heard of it before
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X