Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Planning To Develop Its Own File Manager

Phoronix: Ubuntu Planning To Develop Its Own File Manager

The latest piece of the desktop Linux stack that Ubuntu developers are planning to replace with their own home grown solution is a file manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This was obvious. If they fuck this up really, really badly, it will still be better than Nautilus at this point.

Also, Dolphin <3

Comment

Good idea. If Canonical can completely detach themselves from that trainwreck they'll be better off in the long-term.

Comment

I was hoping for an Ubuntu File System. Kind of disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          I was hoping for an Ubuntu File System.
          I'm afraid that it would be a disaster

Comment

Goodbye Nautilus

..I won't miss you at all.

Comment

I'd like to see a clone of Windows 8's 'file manager' but with tabbed windows support, it would perfect! I'd also like a linux equivalent of windows 8's 'task manager' but with a tab for gpu too which windows doesn't have. These 2 things would make linux not only more usable but more familiar to windows users switching to linux.

Comment

I don't disagree with their mentality here; I'm a Gnome user and Nautilus -or as they call it; Files- is one of the most crippled things on this desktop environment and especially on the desktop side, it's the one reason not to use almost any OS that relies on Gnome Files. - As for the link below, they've already spent some resource on this; Yet, there are far more superior alternatives around.

File Manager application for Ubuntu devices - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                I was hoping for an Ubuntu File System. Kind of disappointed.
                They monitor here.. They watch us all..

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  This was obvious. If they fuck this up really, really badly, it will still be better than Nautilus at this point.

Also, Dolphin <3
                  Yes, I think it's fair to say that the main reasons I still use KDE are Dolphin, the System Settings GUI, and the Main Menu (Kicker or whatever the name). Given the fact that kde is so modular, I wonder if they should consider building on top of dolphin ...

Comment

why to not use Nemo?

Comment

Working...
                    X