Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defora Provides Yet Another Open-Source Desktop

Phoronix: Defora Provides Yet Another Open-Source Desktop

If you have not yet found the perfect open-source desktop match for your needs, the desktop environment born out of DeforaOS is yet another option. This desktop environment is built using GTK2 and part of a larger effort to provide "ubiquitous, secure and transparent access to one's resources" and to work regardless of form factor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Grayson types "Defora Linux" in Google Search (no quotes).
    Showing results for "fedora linux"
    Grayson sees "Search instead for 'defora linux'" and clicks in 'defora linux."
    Grayson sees "Did you mean: fedora linux"

(Shrug!) I hate it when Google does that. Could have used "intext:defora linux" instead. Maybe try make it a habit to use intext: in every keyword...

Anyway, I'm wondering what the desktop environment may look like.

Comment

Curious names... makes me think of "deflora..."

Comment

About that word "Defora," as in "Fedora," it makes me think of "Tubunu" as in "Ubuntu."

Comment

If they really aim to make it secure, they shouldn't support using an abandoned library like GTK+2.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
            Anyway, I'm wondering what the desktop environment may look like.
            Go to http://www.defora.org/os/project/gallery/. Select a project, then select "Gallery" from that project's page.

Comment

About that word "Defora," as in "Fedora," it makes me think of "Tubunu" as in "Ubuntu."
              But "Tubuntu" sounds like one of those things you shouldn't look up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                But "Tubuntu" sounds like one of those things you shouldn't look up.
                "Tubunu" still sounds better, though.

Comment

Grayson types "Defora Linux" in Google Search (no quotes).
                  Showing results for "fedora linux"
                  Grayson sees "Search instead for 'defora linux'" and clicks in 'defora linux."
                  Grayson sees "Did you mean: fedora linux"
                  Yeah, what do you expect when a new project chooses a name based on what looks like a mispelling of a much bigger project...

Comment

Funny name... In Brazil, "de fora", is a term used to stand in line when you want to play something with your friends but you need to wait to end the current game to play too...

Comment

Working...
                    X