Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlateKit Base: A Linux OS With Qt5 Running Off KMS/FBDEV

Phoronix: SlateKit Base: A Linux OS With Qt5 Running Off KMS/FBDEV

Last year I wrote about SlateKit Shell as a new Qt5/QML web-browser. Realized now is SlateKit Base, a lightweight Linux distribution with Qt5 just running off a frame-buffer and is not reliant upon Wayland, Mir, or X11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did they make their compositor using the QtCompositor API ?

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
      Did they make their compositor using the QtCompositor API ?
      No, the whole thing is running on one QQuickView and EGLFS QPA.

Best,
      penk

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        Did they make their compositor using the QtCompositor API API ?
        I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶Q̶t̶C̶o̶m̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶W̶a̶y̶l̶a̶n̶d̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶i̶r̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶b̶u̶f̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶b̶e̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶Q̶t̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶G̶U̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶.̶.̶

Never mind. See above...
        Last edited by c117152; 08 February 2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

In related news, apparently RBOS, the wayland distro, got released.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            How is a distro that doesn't use a display manager, "related news" to the wayland testing distro RebeccaBlackOS?

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              How is a distro that doesn't use a display manager, "related news" to the wayland testing distro RebeccaBlackOS?
              Butthurt? Take a hike and come back?

Comment

Now this is exciting news...a distro that doesn't use wayland or X for graphical display. Could this be useful for embedded systems or low-powered tablets/phones?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                  Now this is exciting news...a distro that doesn't use wayland or X for graphical display. Could this be useful for embedded systems or low-powered tablets/phones?
                  Yes, thank you, that's what SlateKit project about!

I've got this stack running on cheap tablets with libhybris, and it works great.

Best,
                  penk

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                    In unrelated news, mark45 once again makes unrelated comments which have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

In related news, is there much of a performance drop because of the CPU rendering?

Comment

Working...
                    X