Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beignet Is Now Friendly With LLVM/Clang 3.5

Phoronix: Beignet Is Now Friendly With LLVM/Clang 3.5

Intel's Beignet open-source OpenCL implementation for their Linux graphics driver now switches to LLVM/Clang 3.5 as its preferred version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Beignet Is Now Friendly With LLVM/Clang 3.5

Intel's Beignet open-source OpenCL implementation for their Linux graphics driver now switches to LLVM/Clang 3.5 as its preferred version...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYwMDk
    I am confused, didn't Intel say they were disengaging from LLVM as a platform for OpenCL?

Comment

Nope, they don't want it as a GLSL compiler.

Comment

Originally posted by ghexsel View Post
        I am confused, didn't Intel say they were disengaging from LLVM as a platform for OpenCL?
        According to Ian Romanick answer on Steam Dev Days (at 39:03) team that working on OpenCL is completely unrelated to team that working on Mesa.

Comment

Michael

And the next round of tests of OpenCL implementations with inclusion of free drivers will be made ...
          When?

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
            Michael

And the next round of tests of OpenCL implementations with inclusion of free drivers will be made ...
            When?

intel
            http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/opencl-example/ 71 passes, 0 fails

Radeon 7790
            http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/opencl-example/ 71 passes, 0 fails

Comment

Hi Michael,
              The following statement is not fully accurate:
              "Intel's Beignet open-source OpenCL implementation for their Linux graphics driver now switches to LLVM/Clang 3.5 as its preferred version. "

Till now, the preferred LLVM/Clang is still 3.3 not 3.5. As there is a important bug outstanding there in LLVM/Clang 3.5. After that bug get fixed,
              I will switch preferred version to 3.5.

BTW, I just made a new release for beignet 0.8.0. You can get the release notes at:

Comment

Pontostroy, can you see if cgminer runs on the Ivy?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  Pontostroy, can you see if cgminer runs on the Ivy?
                  I only have bfgminer

bfgminer --sharelog shares.txt --debuglog -o mining.eligius.st:3334 -O addrass --gpu-threads=1 -v1 -k phatk

intel

Amd

Comment

Gentoo Overlay

I'm still maintaining a gentoo overlay with modified mesa ebuilds integrating beignet:

Comment

Working...
                    X