Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures Of BQ's First Ubuntu Phone

Phoronix: Pictures Of BQ's First Ubuntu Phone

Last week we were in on the conference call announcing Ubuntu shipping on phones from two vendors in 2014 along with talk of other new Ubuntu phone goals. Now with Mobile World Congress having kicked off in Barcelona, we have a look at the first Ubuntu Phone set to debut later this year from BQ...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Too plastic...

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
      Too plastic...
      At least it turned to plasticware from vaporware as many canonical haters where saying. A phone that ships with ubuntu is finally a reality for those jolla fanatics!

Comment

The BQ Aquaris looks nice. I like the matte finish on the back. Don't like the white though. Still hoping that a horizontal QWERTY slider with decent desktop performance comes out.

On a side note, for Sailfish and Ubuntu phones, the SD card is accessed like any other storage right? I'm asking because it seems Google is limiting SD card access even more now (source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02...ementing-them/). I'm not liking the direction Google is going with Android. Hoping to see Sailfish and/or Ubuntu to become more stable and usable as an everyday phone OS as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
        X