Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting Features Coming For Qt 5.3

Phoronix: Exciting Features Coming For Qt 5.3

The official release of Qt 5.3 is tentatively planned for April but with the feature freeze coming up we already have a good idea for the features of this next tool-kit release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    The CLA stays. So much for equality, honesty, and freedom.
    Don't you have anything better to do?

Comment

blah blah blah
      You're a terrible person and should feel bad.

Comment

I came into the thread just to say "inb4" funkSTAR, but...

Comment

Qt is bloated

Comment

Originally posted by newwen View Post
            Qt is bloated
            Kind of, if they got rid of the icu*.dll for UTF strings, it would cut like 25MB of the qt libs you have to ship your qt app with, now it takes ~45MB of extra libs, without the icu* stuff it would be 15-20MB which is way better.

The quality of the toolkit is good though.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              The quality of the toolkit is good though.
              Yes, too bad it will never be approved by Linus because it is coded in C++.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                Kind of, if they got rid of the icu*.dll for UTF strings, it would cut like 25MB of the qt libs you have to ship your qt app with, now it takes ~45MB of extra libs, without the icu* stuff it would be 15-20MB which is way better.
                icu is optional and can be turned off at build time.

And honton should really stop supporting the apple webkit infected gnome3... Because letting apple slip into your system is way worse than using free open source software that needs a CLA signed if you want to contribute code - which honton never will, so he should not feel that offended...

Comment

The CLA stays. So much for equality, honesty, and freedom.
                  Ah good that you remind us. I think I forgot that ... yesterday? Because you did not told us yesterday... but did you told us the day before? Or before that?
                  I cannot remember....so what was it that you wanted to tell us?
                  I already forgot again!
                  Please, can you tell us again! Every morning even before my coffee - that would be best!
                  Sometimes I am so confused!
                  Honton the light on my way

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
                    Yes, too bad it will never be approved by Linus because it is coded in C++.
                    Think again:
                    Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

However, Linus does not "approve" or "disapprove", he just (harshly) criticize things.

Comment

Working...
                    X