Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.3 Alpha Released

Phoronix: Qt 5.3 Alpha Released

Digia has released the first alpha release of the Qt 5.3 tool-kit this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't care about SPDY and other cloud/network crapshit, I care about the desktop, about global shortcuts to finally work with qt5 (e.g. to be able to make a decent audio player to respond to the global "Play" key), which for now you have to learn to build yourself.

EDIT: And they should stop being obsessed with mobile stuff, there's more than enough fart apps on both Android and the iPhone.
    Last edited by mark45; 27 February 2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      I don't care about SPDY and other cloud/network crapshit, I care about the desktop, about global shortcuts to finally work with qt5 (e.g. to be able to make a decent audio player to respond to the global "Play" key), which for now you have to learn to build yourself.

EDIT: And they should stop being obsessed with mobile stuff, there's more than enough fart apps on both Android and the iPhone.
      If you do not care about SPDY then do not use it.

Nothing that Qt is doing prevents you from caring about the desktop.

How about helping to make that work? Contributions are very welcome. If you can build it yourself then you could possibly integrate in Qt and submit it for merging (Beats squealing about it).

They should stop caring about mobile stuff because there are enough fart apps on both Android and Iphone? That comment couldn't be more moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
        If you do not care about SPDY then do not use it.

Nothing that Qt is doing prevents you from caring about the desktop.

How about helping to make that work? Contributions are very welcome. If you can build it yourself then you could possibly integrate in Qt and submit it for merging (Beats squealing about it).

They should stop caring about mobile stuff because there are enough fart apps on both Android and Iphone? That comment couldn't be more moronic.
        That's not the point, the more they work on mobiles the less they work on the desktop and it shows, has also been brought up to their attention on their mailing list several times.
        And I did try to submit patches, took 3 weeks to work on their submitting framework (gerrit + other crap) but then gave up after they started being too nitpicky about the quality of the source code, different reviewers giving excluding directions, like one of them saying "remove this warning", the other one "make the warning more elaborate", another example: make the endianness work with 2 files, the other one - I like 1 file. In the end since I'm not paid I gave up with their shitty bureaucracy.
        And no - the fart thing is fair, because 99% of mobile apps are pretty much crap nobody needs.

Comment

Working...
        X