Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Announced: A GNOME 3 Calendar

Phoronix: California Announced: A GNOME 3 Calendar

California is a new GNOME 3 app that's a feature-rich calendar and developed by Yorba, the organization behind the popular Geary, Shotwell, and other projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Out of curiosity I grabbed it off of the AUR. It's a nice looking app, as I'd expect from Yorba. It feels a lot like Geary did when it first came out -- not very feature-rich, but lots of potential. And look at Geary now, probably the best overall mail program on Linux. They've definitely got a nice focus on design that you only really see among OSX developers these days.

I'm hopeful for them to support webdav, as I have my ownCloud calenders that I like to keep in sync between all of my devices.

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
      Out of curiosity I grabbed it off of the AUR. It's a nice looking app, as I'd expect from Yorba. It feels a lot like Geary did when it first came out -- not very feature-rich, but lots of potential. And look at Geary now, probably the best overall mail program on Linux. They've definitely got a nice focus on design that you only really see among OSX developers these days.

I'm hopeful for them to support webdav, as I have my ownCloud calenders that I like to keep in sync between all of my devices.
      What about mem usage and stability? It's using EDS which gave me nightmares altough this was a pretty long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
        What about mem usage and stability? It's using EDS which gave me nightmares altough this was a pretty long time ago.
        For me it's pretty stable and functional. I really like this app already. What makes Gnome attractive for me is the level of intergration and simplicity. I know I can get my Google Calander in KDE, but it's not as easy as just going to Control Center -> Online Account and flipping on the Calander switch for your Google Account. The only thing that was missing was a way to add and modify my calander and that where California comes in.

Comment

Isn't that something an EDS backend would do or maybe already does?

Cheers,
          _

Comment

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
            Isn't that something an EDS backend would do or maybe already does?

Cheers,
            _
            I'll have to fiddle with it a bit and see if I can get it to work; I've never actually used anything Evolution related before.

Comment

I'll have to fiddle with it a bit and see if I can get it to work; I've never actually used anything Evolution related before.
              While its name implies some relation to Evolution, it has been used as GNOME's contact and calendar service for many years now, independent of the end user applications dealing with the data.

Cheers,
              _

Comment

Working...
              X