Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's LunarGLASS Updates Against LLVM 3.4

Phoronix: Mesa's LunarGLASS Updates Against LLVM 3.4

While it's been a while since last hearing anything about LunarGLASS for Mesa, the project is still active at LunarG...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be one of the biggest victory's of FOSS if Intel were to switch to ilo + lunarglass. However, I can follow their reasoning.

I accidentally tried ilo a while back with chromium, it had a lot of features missing unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
      It would be one of the biggest victory's of FOSS if Intel were to switch to ilo + lunarglass. However, I can follow their reasoning.

I accidentally tried ilo a while back with chromium, it had a lot of features missing unfortunately.

ilo doesn't use lunarglass, nothing in the open world does, for two reasons, they pulled a Qt/Canonical with the license, so its GPLv2 with copyright assignment so they can keep selling closed source versions, so it kinda immediately puts anyone off contributing to it, esp anyone paid by a company who have lawyers.

Comment

LunarGLASS available under a BSD-style license

Originally posted by airlied View Post
        ilo doesn't use lunarglass, nothing in the open world does, for two reasons, they pulled a Qt/Canonical with the license, so its GPLv2 with copyright assignment so they can keep selling closed source versions, so it kinda immediately puts anyone off contributing to it, esp anyone paid by a company who have lawyers.
        Dave, the licensing situation has changed. It's now available under a BSD-style license.

Comment

Originally posted by JensOwen View Post
          Dave, the licensing situation has changed. It's now available under a BSD-style license.
          Hi Jens, I was going to mention it in the article per you mentioning it back at GDC, but when looking at the Google Code trunk and recent SVN entries I was still seeing the GPLv2 license files, or am I missing something? Thanks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Hi Jens, I was going to mention it in the article per you mentioning it back at GDC, but when looking at the Google Code trunk and recent SVN entries I was still seeing the GPLv2 license files, or am I missing something? Thanks.
            Hi Michael, Thanks for pointing this out. We've updated the licensing inline within the code, for example:

but now we see there are more places in our repo that need to be updated to reflect our new bsd-style license.

Comment

Originally posted by JensOwen View Post
              Hi Michael, Thanks for pointing this out. We've updated the licensing inline within the code, for example:

but now we see there are more places in our repo that need to be updated to reflect our new bsd-style license.
              Oh cool, thanks for letting me know, I just looked around the website to see it is now updated!, I might try and take a look at the project now :-)

Dave.

Comment

Working...
              X