Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Keeps Using Tizen IVI To Push Linux, Wayland Into Cars

Phoronix: Intel Keeps Using Tizen IVI To Push Linux, Wayland Into Cars

Intel was at the Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit this week promoting Tizen's In-Vehicle Infotainment initiatives for having a Linux-based Wayland environment within automobiles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking to unseat QNX from in-car is not a battle I'd deem winnable. I mean even Apple's in-car system runs atop QNX.

Comment

Going forward with Tizen IVI 3.0 M3 later in 2014 is an intent to be in compliance with GENIVI 6.0, AGL incremental requirements, supporting the Smack 3 domain model, multi-user support, and Crosswalk integration. Intel developers are also looking at possible Yocto support.
      Multi-user support in a car... how appropriate. I hadn't thought of a vehicle as a good application for a multi-seat X/Wayland configuration, but the vehicle itself is literally a multi-seat configuration and why wouldn't you configure the various inputs/displays as such.

Comment

Working...
      X