Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XA Gallium3D Performance Improvements Published

Phoronix: XA Gallium3D Performance Improvements Published

While most of the open-source driver efforts around accelerating 2D with OpenGL are centered on GLAMOR, a set of patches were published today that provide performance improvements to the XA Gallium3D state tracker that also accelerate 2D using 3D driver code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What GL version is freedreno up to? I'd actually like to see some benchmarks of Lima / Freedreno / Grate / etc. I'm completely in the black of how capable individual ARM gpus are for actually running a foss graphics stack in the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
      What GL version is freedreno up to? I'd actually like to see some benchmarks of Lima / Freedreno / Grate / etc. I'm completely in the black of how capable individual ARM gpus are for actually running a foss graphics stack in the last few months.
      short answer is we only need occlusion query support for gl2.0 (until then plenty of stuff seems to work with 'MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=2.0').

The more complete answer is tracked at: https://github.com/freedreno/freedreno/wiki/TODO

As far as performance, for freedreno we seem to be in the same ballpark with the blob driver, at least for simple stuff (according to glmark2, as that is the only way I have to compare to android blob driver). Performance comparisons vs lima/etnaviv/etc are probably not completely fair. An adreno-320, for example, is quite a bit faster than a mali-400, so it would be a pretty unfair comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post
        short answer is we only need occlusion query support for gl2.0 (until then plenty of stuff seems to work with 'MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=2.0').

The more complete answer is tracked at: https://github.com/freedreno/freedreno/wiki/TODO

As far as performance, for freedreno we seem to be in the same ballpark with the blob driver, at least for simple stuff (according to glmark2, as that is the only way I have to compare to android blob driver). Performance comparisons vs lima/etnaviv/etc are probably not completely fair. An adreno-320, for example, is quite a bit faster than a mali-400, so it would be a pretty unfair comparison.
        Thanks for the info, and keep up the great work! I can't wait for the day where I can put GNU/Linux on many of these smartphones thanks to yours and the other reverse engineered Android driver developers efforts.

Comment

Working...
        X